Sunday, July 22, 2007
Stamping On Rulers



A while back I was at AC Moore and saw these rulers for $1.00 and said to myself "I bet I could stamp that". If you are a stamper I am sure you can relate to that phrase while looking at something. LOL I bought just one (I will now be going back for more) and this is what I did to it. (Try clicking on the picture to make it bigger for a better view). The center strip on the ruler that I stamped is wood. I used black and red StazOn ink to stamp the images. Then I figured coloring in the flowers would be best with sharpie markers, but I didn't care for the darkness of the ink on the ruler. So I went with colored pencils. It can be a little tricky because of the grain of the wood, but I think it came nice. If I were going to use this ruler I would probably coat the wood with a layer of Mod Podge. The stamp sets used were double line doodles and Garden Whimsy, from the new Stampin Up catalog.

Labels:


link | posted by Melissia at 12:13 AM






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page



Hi! I'm Melissia. I am a wife of 9 years, a mother of 6.5 years and a program assistant for almost 2 years. I enjoy paper crafting and doing various other crafts. I also enjoy reading, blurfing, brain games and spending time with my daughter.