Sunday, October 14, 2007
A Booing We Will Go

There is no stamping or SU products involved in this project mainly because I was just too lazy this weekend. These are the baskets I put together for the 2 houses I am going to Boo tonight. If you don't know what Booing is then read to the bottom and I will tell you.


I found these cute little felt ghost baskets in the dollar spot at Target. They have various candies and little treats inside (pencils, stickers etc.). The Ghost picture in front is the Boo sign, the other paper has a little poem about what the basket of treats is for and how to continue the game.


So what is Booing? You fill 2 treat baskets (or bags) like I did above, include a picture or cut out of a ghost and include this poem:

This Halloween there’s something new,
This little surprise we call a “BOO!”
Someone left it here
To bring a bit of “ghostly” cheer.
It’s not a fright, it’s not a scare……
It’s just a secret smile to share.

You’ve been “BOO’D!” It’s your turn now
To pass it on…I’ll tell you how.
Choose a neighbor, anyone
Who needs some special “spooky” fun.
When you’ve made your secret pick
It’s time to do the “trick”!

Put a goody bag beside their door.
Include this poem and one thing more-
Some candy and some fun,
Now your “BOO” is done.
Don’ t sign your name, don’t leave a clue:
‘Cause that’s the magic of a “BOO”!

Enjoy the latest, greatest way
To celebrate the holiday.
It’s easy and it’s fun to do…….
Let’s spread the joy and share a “BOO”!

You pick houses in your neighborhood (or wherever) and hang the basket on their door. You do this in secret. They have 2 days to create a treat bag of their own and find neighbors that don't have a Boo sign on their door and place the bags with them. They in turn Boo 2 people and so on. The idea is to watch and see who and how quickly your neighborhood front doors fill up with Boo signs.

I have to admit I am not holding out much hope for this to spread in my neighborhood, but we will see what happens. I am leaving mine at the home of 2 people who I know have young children in hopes they will be more likely to pass it on.

My mom works in a school and she does this by leaving baskets on classroom doors. I think this will be her 3rd year doing it and she hasn't been found out yet. I would like to do it at Cameron's school, but it is impossible to get in the school without being noticed.

Labels:


link | posted by Melissia at 7:42 PM






2 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

OMG - How cute! I have heard of this before - hmmm, maybe I should start this in my neighborhood - but not sure if it would catch on either!

October 16, 2007 at 3:52 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

how adorable are these
we don't get into halloween too much in australia but the kids love to knock on our door, especially as I work at Mars in australia.

October 20, 2007 at 5:32 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page



Hi! I'm Melissia. I am a wife of 9 years, a mother of 6.5 years and a program assistant for almost 2 years. I enjoy paper crafting and doing various other crafts. I also enjoy reading, blurfing, brain games and spending time with my daughter.