Monday, October 1, 2007
Dixie Cup Cuteness




A popular project right now are dressed up little dixie cups. I do not have any Stampin Up designer series paper in my stash right now, so I used what I had. I think these would be fun to make for school partys for the holidays or even as party treats for a childs birthday. Stampin Up has 216 different patterns in their designer series paper collection. 12 of those patterns are available in 16 different colors. So you are sure to find a paper that would match your event. Here is a quick tutorial on how to make them.





Obviously we are going to start with a Dixie Cup. The package didn't say, but I am going to guess this is about a 9 oz cup. You can really use any size. You will need 2 cups.

Start by rolling back the lip of just one of the cups. This is going to become your pattern piece.

Then cut that lip off. This is so the cover paper will fit nicely under the lip of the cup.

Flip your pattern cup upside down and cut out the bottom of the cup.

Carefully peel the seem apart down the side of the cup so that you can open it up flat.
Trace your cup pattern on the backside of the paper you want to cover the cup with.

Cut the tracing out, use a good adhesive to attach it to the second cup. Make sure you have a good seal on your seam, but also use adhesive around the cup so that the paper won't slide off.

Decorate and fill as you wish. I used a piece of paper for the handle and attached it with gold brads to the side of the cup. I ran some of the pattern paper through my crimper as well and cut it into strips for filler in the cup.

Labels:


link | posted by Melissia at 10:54 AM






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page



Hi! I'm Melissia. I am a wife of 9 years, a mother of 6.5 years and a program assistant for almost 2 years. I enjoy paper crafting and doing various other crafts. I also enjoy reading, blurfing, brain games and spending time with my daughter.