Monday, February 18, 2008
Window Card

This is the one card I managed to do this past weekend. I saw it on someone's blog and if I can remember who I will post their name (sorry).

I cut a window out of whisper white and gable green cardstock. Then I stamped a window sheet using black StazOn and put it inbetween the white and green CS so that you could see the image through the window. Then I stamped the image again on whisper white and placed that on the inside of the card, lining it up with the image on the window sheet and then colored the image that I stamped on the white CS. I framed the window on the outside with basic black.Clear as mud?

It was a little tricky to take a picture of when it is closed. The image is crisp and clear if the card is shut right.


Labels:


link | posted by Melissia at 9:20 PM






9 Comments:
Blogger Annapurna had this to say:

Great Idea. I make some cards with dried flowers and this technique will work with those too.

By the way cute scrap pages. Love the 3 wishes one especially.
xx
Anna(SBS 12)

February 19, 2008 at 3:14 PM 

Blogger Wendy had this to say:

Great job Melissia! The card came out really nice, I love it!

Wendy

February 20, 2008 at 1:42 PM 

Blogger Liz had this to say:

This is such a pretty card! And a great idea with the acetate window, I'll have to give that a go sometime :)

Liz

February 21, 2008 at 3:36 AM 

Blogger Elisabeth had this to say:

Pretty nifty idea!!

February 21, 2008 at 6:15 AM 

Blogger Jami had this to say:

very pretty:)

February 22, 2008 at 8:07 AM 

Blogger Rosie had this to say:

What a cool technique... must try this myself!
Welcome to the Sisterhood - look forward to getting to know you! :D

February 23, 2008 at 6:13 AM 

Blogger Hels Sheridan had this to say:

Wow, this is really clever! I love it hels xx SBS12

February 23, 2008 at 11:29 AM 

Blogger Lesli had this to say:

Beautiful Card - I love that idea :)

February 24, 2008 at 9:44 PM 

Blogger Vixykins had this to say:

Lovely card, I work a lot with acetate so will be doing one of them soon :D

Vix SBS12

March 9, 2008 at 7:36 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page



Hi! I'm Melissia. I am a wife of 9 years, a mother of 6.5 years and a program assistant for almost 2 years. I enjoy paper crafting and doing various other crafts. I also enjoy reading, blurfing, brain games and spending time with my daughter.