Saturday, March 15, 2008
Getting Organized

2 weeks ago I needed some better organization in my scrap room so I spent one weekend doing that. Here are some new elements I added for better storage/organization:

I needed some more storage area within reach of my work space, that didn't take up room on my table. So I bought these really cheap wooden CD crates from ACM, painted them and made shelves out of them.
I bought clear plastic containers at HL and took the lids off. They hold all my colored pencils nicely.
I bought a slightly bigger plastic container, put it on its side and put my SU markers in it. I used the lid from that container to hold my blending stumps (used for coloring with gamsol/mineral spirits). And a little tid bit about the plastic bottle on the end. If you do the magic colored pencil technique (coloring with pencils and blending with odorless mineral spirits) I highly recommend getting one of these bottles to hold your mineral spirits. It is a nail polish remover bottle that you see used at nail salons. You push the cap down and a little mineral spirits will puddle on the top to dip your blending stump in. After a few minutes of not using it the mineral spirits will drain back into the bottle. I have been using it for a while now and it is very handy.
I bought these buckets 3 for $1.00 at the dollar store. I stamped on them with stazon and mini alpha stamps. I plan to spruce them up a bit with ribbon and/or rub ons. They basically hold little metal embellishments. I have 8 on a shelf.
I moved my cricut machine to my other table and put up a wood shelf over the top that will hold my cricut carts and other tools. I thought it was the perfect spot to hang my little bug I made with the cricut machine.
This is how I have my smaller width ribbon stored. Each color is rolled up and put in the mini cropper hopper embellishment boxes and a little tail of the ribbon hangs out. The little boxes are stored in a cropper hopper embellishment case. Well I have wider ribbon that was just thrown in a box getting tangled that needed some better space.
So I cut come pieces of chip board to fit in this canvas pop up box that I got at the Dollar store and wrapped the ribbon around the chip board. I have a few more rolls but I got bored of wrapping the ribbon after spending 10 minutes untangling it all. The rolled ribbon on the right is all self adhesive ribbon on spools and stacked in a plastic basket (again from the dollar store).

Labels:


link | posted by Melissia at 9:05 PM






5 Comments:
Blogger Tracy K had this to say:

I wouldn't want to use my ribbons if they looked that nice, I don't think. Lol

March 16, 2008 at 4:13 PM 

Blogger Annapurna had this to say:

Nice organization! Thanks for the tips.

March 16, 2008 at 10:31 PM 

Blogger Catherine had this to say:

WOW!

March 17, 2008 at 5:09 PM 

Blogger Dawn had this to say:

nice! I always enjoy seeing what organization you come up with so I can lift it - lol

March 19, 2008 at 1:27 PM 

Blogger Liz had this to say:

Wow that all looks fantastic! And I just adore those little buckets, they look gorgeous with the stamping on them :D

Liz x

March 24, 2008 at 2:57 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page



Hi! I'm Melissia. I am a wife of 9 years, a mother of 6.5 years and a program assistant for almost 2 years. I enjoy paper crafting and doing various other crafts. I also enjoy reading, blurfing, brain games and spending time with my daughter.