Saturday, May 24, 2008
Kindergarten Treats

Thursday was the last day of school for my little kindergartner. I can not believe in a few short months she will be in first grade. Where has the time gone?? Anyhow, I have been busy since last weekend making up a treat bag for the kindy graduates.

These are 2x2 cards that are sealed in little clear envelopes that I posted about a while back. The stamp is a dollar stamp from Michael's. I used colored pens to outline the flower and trace the sentiment. The flash kind of drowns out the colors.

I saw these last year on a message board and had saved a pic of them to my computer. I had a different idea in mind, but was unable to find little blue grad cap stickers so I needed to come up with something else. These actually look so much cuter in person.

It is a Hershey chocolate nugget with a 1x3" blue strip of card stock wrapped around it. The squares were cut with my paper cutter because I didn't have the right size square punch. I can't recall off hand the size I cut them. I cut 2 and glued them together to make it a little more sturdier.

The tassels were the time consuming part as I made each one using embroidery floss. I tied it around a mini brad and attached it to the square. I then hot glued the square to the top of the nugget just to make sure it stuck good.

I put them in little zip lock type bags that you can get from Wal-Mart cheap and added a bag topper. I printed the text on my computer and then stamped and colored the little cap at the top.

Next are some friendship seeds. This is a template that folds up like a flower seed packet. I can not remember where the template came from, but I have several that say different things (pumpkin seeds, snowman seeds etc.). I had downloaded them from somewhere a while back.

The elephant is a stamped image from a SU valentine set (the name escapes me right now). There was some text on the template at the bottom where the elephants feet are so I had to do some altering of the seed packet image so that the stamped image would fit. I colored it with chalks.

I put a handful of orange tic tacs in a little zip baggie and put inside the envelope. I think these came out super cute!


This purple container is a kids plastic snack cup with lid that I bought 6 for $1 at the dollar store. I filled them with Whooper candies. I used my cricut (George and basic shapes cart) to cut a blue circle for the top of the lid and used a fine black pen to add a little border. The sun was cut with the cricut also (doodlecharms cart I think) and I outlined it. I printed the words on clear mini labels from my computer.

All of these were packed up in a clear cello bag and tied with some blue curly ribbon.


This was a little gift for the teacher. The class took up a collection for one gift, but I wanted to make a little something. This is another idea found on a message board. I stamped images from a retired SU set with white craft ink onto black cardstock. I stamped the letters of her name with some foam alpha stamps and my SU inks and matted them with matching SU cardstock. I found the red picture frame at the dollar store.

Labels:


link | posted by Melissia at 9:54 AM






6 Comments:
Blogger Dawn had this to say:

you have been busy! I totally love the grad kisses - wonderful job and you did a wonderful job with the can too ..... I love it!

Yep, time has flown by - we all need to get together soon and catch up :-)

May 24, 2008 at 10:49 AM 

Blogger Annapurna had this to say:

Love these goodies. I am sure the kids will love them too. I read somewhere you can buy these tassels at walmart, but the handmade ones look perfect.

May 24, 2008 at 2:10 PM 

Blogger Liz had this to say:

These are really great ideas, I love them! Especially the graduation chocs, they're so cute :)

Liz x

May 26, 2008 at 3:40 AM 

Blogger Elisabeth had this to say:

So cute and creative!! I may have to life this when Emily graduates from preschool. =)

May 27, 2008 at 12:03 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

These are wonderful!!!
My son is graduating K this week and he is also celebrating his birthday by bringing in some treats...Thank you so much for sharing your ideas!!! I'm sure his treat bags will make quite the impression thanks to your creativity!
Take Care!
Michele

June 9, 2008 at 7:07 AM 

Blogger Enfys had this to say:

This is my first visit to your blog and I love your projects, the little kindergarten grad hats are just so cute. Thanks for sharing - I'll be back!

June 18, 2008 at 11:00 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page



Hi! I'm Melissia. I am a wife of 9 years, a mother of 6.5 years and a program assistant for almost 2 years. I enjoy paper crafting and doing various other crafts. I also enjoy reading, blurfing, brain games and spending time with my daughter.