Saturday, August 23, 2008
Great Deal!


Last weekend I had gone to Michaels to browse and came across some halloween items. I saw the little take out boxes first and saw a standard Michaels price sign that said 1 (and then the cent sign). I don't think I have ever seen price sign at Michaels that had the cent sign on it. They had thanks giving boxes that were exactly the same only with turkeys on them and they were 1.00 each. So I thought the penny price was odd. Perplexed Anyhow, I checked the bar code numbers to make sure the ones on the boxes matched the ones on the sign and sure enough they did. Then I saw the paper bags which had a sign, but it looked as though someone ripped the price part from the sign.

So I grabbed all the penny boxes and all the white paper bags and headed to the register. I asked the lady if she could tell me how much the bags were. They rang up a penny. She asked me if I got them from the clearance section and I said no, the halloween stuff. So then she rang up the boxes and they too were a penny. She called for a manager and told her they were ringing up a penny. The manager said, "we can't sell something for a penny". I told her there was no price on the bags, but there IS a penny price on the boxes. So after some investigating by the manager and another employee, the manager said to give them to me for that price and then they are pulling them off the shelf. TeethyI don't know what I am going to do with them, but for a penny how could I pass it up?


link | posted by Melissia at 9:35 PM






2 Comments:
Blogger Annapurna had this to say:

What a great deal? You are right, how could you pass it up, even if you don't need it now :-)

If they were only a penny, then put the candy in them to give to the trick or treaters. Something different. Schools usually have halloween parties and they try to buy these sorts of things for treat bags.

August 23, 2008 at 10:47 PM 

Blogger ChrissyM had this to say:

I got a bunch of these take out bunches last year for a penny a piece too. Still haven't done anything with them. Curious to see what you do with them. LOL! For a penny you can't go wrong!

I love all your bowling party items and the cake is too cute!! Very creative!

November 8, 2008 at 11:07 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page



Hi! I'm Melissia. I am a wife of 9 years, a mother of 6.5 years and a program assistant for almost 2 years. I enjoy paper crafting and doing various other crafts. I also enjoy reading, blurfing, brain games and spending time with my daughter.