Saturday, August 23, 2008
Party Time!!

Party TimeMy daughters 6th birthday is coming up and we are having a bowling party at the bowling ally. These are the invitations I made for the kids. (I 'whited out' some of the details, hence the odd blank spots).

Bowling

I found a clip art picture online of a pin and did some adjusting to the size in a print shop program. The invites are the size of a business envelope. Then I typed the information over the resized clip art picture and deleted the clip art before printing on cardstock. Next I printed the clip art picture and cut it out to make a template to trace over the text I had printed. I had to do it this way because the clip art was not just an outline picture. It had weird shading and the red strips on it and I wanted them to print solid white on the CS. I used a marker for the red rings and then glued the pins on black paper and trimmed around the pin.

I printed some envelopes from the computer as well with a cupcake next to Camerons return address and a some colorful pins and bowling ball in one of the corners. I was pleased with the end results of these and can't wait for party day!!


link | posted by Melissia at 9:51 PM






4 Comments:
Blogger Dawn had this to say:

Don't ya just love clip art. Great job and very creative!

August 25, 2008 at 5:47 PM 

Blogger Dawn had this to say:

Me again - just wanted to wish you a very Happy Birthday - hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow!!!!

August 26, 2008 at 6:24 PM 

Blogger Jami had this to say:

Great invites. I love bowling.

August 28, 2008 at 7:53 AM 

Blogger Suzanne had this to say:

How cute?!?! What is it with 6 yr old girls and bowling this year? My daughter will be 6 in November and she's decided she wants a bowling party! We were going to have it at the bowling alley, but she said she wants it at the house.... So we're going to setup the Wii for bowling and a bowling set in our garage and another game outside! It should be fun!
E-mail me and we'll compare notes!

August 28, 2008 at 2:11 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page



Hi! I'm Melissia. I am a wife of 9 years, a mother of 6.5 years and a program assistant for almost 2 years. I enjoy paper crafting and doing various other crafts. I also enjoy reading, blurfing, brain games and spending time with my daughter.