Sunday, February 21, 2010
Christmas Can


I have made a few of these in the past and they are always fun to do, not to mention VERY quick and simple. I made this to hold my gift for the office party.

You start with an empty paint can that you can purchase at most builder stores like Home Depot and Lowes. I wrapped it in 2 12x12 pieces of paper that are cut down to fit the height of the can. A white strip of white cardstock, cut with scalloped scissors to give it a ruffle effect for the trim on the enter of the coat. 2 pieces of black card stock to go around the can for the belt and cut out square for the belt buckle. You can buy a small feather boa from most craft stores and probably fabric stores. I cut 2 pieces to size and glued them around the top and bottom for fur trim on the coat. I never know what to put on the lid so I just cut a circle and put some white letter rub on's on it. The handle is carefully removed and covered with pony beads (or you can tie a bunch of ribbons around it). And that's it!! I use double sided tape when attaching paper to the can and glue when attaching paper to paper.

Labels:


link | posted by Melissia at 1:30 PM






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page



Hi! I'm Melissia. I am a wife of 9 years, a mother of 6.5 years and a program assistant for almost 2 years. I enjoy paper crafting and doing various other crafts. I also enjoy reading, blurfing, brain games and spending time with my daughter.